3820 Ventura Drive, Arlington Heights, IL 60004
As a UI/UX Designer, You will be responsible for enhancing our existing front-end interfaces as well as creating designs for new initiatives and product features. You will have a real opportunity to have a long-term career in a successful Engineering firm. While great design skills are a critical component of this role, we also require a moderate technical understanding of modern front-end technologies. In the process, you will work with other talented and experienced developers and engineers from multiple functional teams, learn numerous technologies, and advance your skills while forming one of the best personal and professional relationships. This role is for someone who flourishes in a fast-paced environment, has a strong work ethic, is a clear communicator, and has a passion for technology and innovation.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for product visuals and experience.
- Translate business requirements into smooth interactive user journeys and UI designs.
- Present and advocate for your designs, design directions, and key milestone deliverables to technical and business stakeholders.
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks.
- Collaborate with the product team to help create visual designs and prototypes of new products.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Refine designs, informing your choices through customer-driven insights, research, feedback, and other data.
- Design & create original graphic user interface elements such as images, menus, tabs, and widgets.
- Transition designs to the Development team shepherding them to completion by providing feedback on the ongoing work; or, implementing them yourself.
- Establish and promote design guidelines, patterns, reusable assets, and best practices.
- Drive adoption of UI/UX-related tools and methodologies that make your job easier.
- Stay abreast of the latest standards, changes, UX trends and look for creative ideas and inspiration in parallel analogous worlds.
Required Skills And Experience:
- Strong knowledge of UI/UX patterns.
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively.
- Strong ability to recognize and predict use cases and user interaction, including happy path, edge, and corner cases, and incorporate them into designs.
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies.
- Keen eye to preserving the integrity of the design throughout the entire development process.
- Ability to drive the connection of business goals to UX methodologies.
- Ability to work independently with a high level of critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects with varying deadlines.
- Experience contributing to positive collaboration with multidisciplinary team members.
- Experience with design systems, style guides, or pattern libraries.
- Proficiency in graphic design tools and visual design and wire-framing tools.
- Data management experience
- Machine learning knowledge or experience
- Audio, imaging, or networking experience
- Familiarity with source control
- Scripting capabilities: python and/or C#
- Technical writing
Competitive compensation package per the experience level
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Basic life insurance
- Short term disability
- Long term disability
- Employee assistance program
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Company matching 401k plan
- US Citizen (we do military work)
- Ideally from midwest, or strongly desires to be in the midwest
- We are an essential business and are working in the office. This is an in-office position.