Most AND speaker devices also contain a microphone. This allows for seamless, full-duplex two-way communication.
When connected to an AND device on your PBX (connected via SIP) the call button can be programmed to dial both internal extensions and external phone numbers.
Each device allows for programming of up to two extensions or phone numbers on a single button. The primary extension is dialed upon pushing the button.
Assign a secondary extension for when the button is pushed and held. (i.e. Push once to talk to the office; push and hold to connect to campus, district security, or 911.)
Configure AND devices to auto-answer incoming calls. When a call is made into the classroom the microphone is turned on allowing the teacher to respond from anywhere in the room.
- AND’s call button allows for most of AND’s devices to become intercoms for hands free, bidirectional communications.
- Connect the IP endpoint via SIP to your IP phone network and talk from office to classroom and classroom to office at the push of a button.
- Program the button to recognize two commands. Push to talk to the office; push and hold to connect to campus, district security, or 911.
- Once connected, simply talk into the embedded microphone that is found in most of AND’s devices.
Examples for use:
- Room to room intercom
- Room to central office intercom
- Room to outside line intercom
- Or vice versa
Two Way Intercom Example